Thursday, March 19, 2009

Never Underestimate God

By Josh MacDonald, Worship Leader
Never, ever, ever underestimate God. I keep thinking I’ve learned that lesson, but then realize I am once again looking through the lens of my humanity to decide what “can” and “can’t” be done. This weekend at the retreat, God again shattered my personal “can’t barrier” when he showed up in life-changing power during Friday night’s worship and teaching session. After very little practice for the band, and a whole lot of personal distractions, I felt extremely ill-prepared to lead anyone in worship. Yet, in spite of my perceived insurmountable hang-ups and quite a few adventurous notes from the band, God did unforgettable work in many lives that night. All I can do in those times is give all the glory to God. My takeaway from that night was to walk in obedience and let God worry about the results. He’s the one, the only one, who can make the seed that I plant grow. (1 Cor. 3:6)

No comments: