Saturday, September 20, 2008

New Addition to Storehouse Worship Team- Micah Clarke


In recent weeks you may have seen a new face added to the Storehouse Worship Team, singer and guitarist Micah Clarke. Micah and his wife Rachael have been attending Storehouse since May 2007, and while he's new to the team, he's no stranger to singing for those who'll listen.

Micah's parents, both worship leaders for 15 years, instilled a love and appreciation of music early on. "I was singing with my parents a lot growing up," he says. "We would sing songs that my parents wrote together, worship songs, and just classics like the Beatles and James Taylor."

In addition to singing, Micah's dad taught him to play guitar at age 14, and by age 15 he was writing and playing his own music. "Once I learned to play guitar fairly well it was easy to put words to the music I was writing. It came pretty naturally to me. I just wrote about what was going on in my life at the time," he says.

Over the years, Micah has sang for his hometown church, played with high school and college bands, pursued a solo career in Philadelphia, and all the while has progressed in his song writing themes and abilities.

"The type of music I write is reflective of life, its challenges as well as its blessings. I've always felt that God has been at the center of my music; however," he says, "writing for God, to Praise God has taken my writing and passion for writing to an all new level."

Micah now also takes that passion to the Storehouse stage, and he feels blessed to be a part of the team and to serve the church in this way.

You can check out Micah's original music at www.myspace.com/micahclarke, or at an upcoming show, and be sure to say hi—he's a friendly guy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Micah- You are a gifted musician! Glad to have you on the shc team! Kim Rushik